Benefits of Breadfruit
- Breadfruit is a source of high energy. Potassium and phosphorus have been reported in relatively good quantities,
- contains considerable amounts of starch.
- Breadfruit protects the body against heart disease and heart attack.
- And has good levels of iron, niacin, and riboflavin at all stages of maturity.
- Although not high in protein, the amino acid profile of its protein is favorable.
- Breadfruit also contains significantly high amounts of fiber. (According to the American Heart Association, fiber decreases bad cholesterol and triglycerides, which increase the risk of a heart attack. An increased intake of fiber lowers low-density lipoprotein (bad) cholesterol levels while elevating high-density lipoprotein (good) cholesterol levels in the body.)
- Breadfruit benefits the body because it contains favorable amounts of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.